Hi, I’m Vanessa Monaghan. I write mystery novels and young adult fiction. I also write creative non-fiction articles across a range of genres.
This is my professional blog, where I share my thoughts on the art of storytelling.
My Writing Life
I decided to get serious about writing at age 47. Before that I wrote a lot of things that had beginnings, but no ends. The kind of stuff that fills desk drawers and gets lost on USB sticks.
Then one day I woke up and realised that I was three years short of 50, and while I’m one of those people who is lucky enough to enjoy their job (I’m a social media manager), I knew that if I was ever going to realise my writing dreams, I had to give up the excuses and start tapping the keys.
My blog is a behind the scenes look at what I’m writing, how I’m building my writer platform and what I’m learning about storytelling, marketing and publishing.
I’d love it if you’d join my news groups so I can let you know when I post something new. To join, please click here.
Here’s a few quick notes about me
- I’m an Aussie mum who lives in the nation’s capital, Canberra.
- I have a B.A in Communication, over 25 years experience in the P.R and marketing industry, and for the past seven years have worked as a social media manager.
- I’ve travelled extensively through the U.S, Canada, the U.K and Europe since 1991.
- My interests include travel, books, cooking and gardening.
- My trivia expertise is in Harry Potter and the Royal Family.
- I have been blogging on and off since 1999 in one form or another.
Thanks so much for taking the time to find out a little more about me and what I write about.