Good news, I write lots of them.
Hi, I’m Vanessa. I’m a writer who helps people explore new places, overcome obstacles, learn new skills and feel a little happier each day.
My Writing Life
I decided to get serious about writing at age 47. Before that I wrote a lot of things that had beginnings, but no ends. The kind of pages that fill desk drawers and get lost on USB sticks.
Then one day I woke up and realised that I was three years short of 50, and while I’m one of those people who is lucky enough to enjoy their job, I knew that if I was ever going to realise my writing dreams, I had to give up the excuses and start tapping the keys.
So I decided to start a website to share the stories I wanted to tell and to write about the things that fascinate me – good communication, habits, productivity, human behaviour and the science of happiness.
And now that’s what I do every day.
In addition to my website articles, I also tell stories on Instagram. You can find my Insta posts, stories and live broadcasts here.
Here’s a few quick notes about me
- I’m an Aussie mum who lives in the nation’s capital, Canberra.
- I have a B.A in Communication, over 25 years experience in the P.R and marketing industry, and for the past seven years have worked as a social media manager.
- I’ve travelled extensively through the U.S, Canada, the U.K and Europe since 1991.
- My interests include travel, books, cooking and gardening.
- My trivia expertise is in Harry Potter and the Royal Family.
- I have been blogging on and off since 1999 in one form or another.
- I’m currently writing a cosy mystery novel.
Thanks so much for taking the time to find out a little more about me and what I write about.